In addition to the horizontally driven emphasis on the overall policy making and policy implementation processes and efforts to render them more evidence based, the main areas for cooperation which have been jointly identified by the TEN members for 2013-2014 include:
- Civil society involvement in policy making and decision making for EU accession (including EU negotiations);
- Capacities for EU pre-accession funds management and IPA monitoring;
- Regional dimension of the EU accession process and regional sectoral integration;
- Western Balkans and integration into the EU internal market (including competition, consumers and other relevant policy areas);
- Public administration reform and administrative capacities for EU integration;
- Chapters 23 and 24 of the accession negotiations
- Good governance, government accountability, accountable public finances (Chapter 32).